In the security monitoring system, video storage is a very important part, and video files are recorded and saved for later query. How to ensure the safety and reliability of the video files is particularly important, and choosing a suitable video storage method is an important part of it.
In terms of security surveillance video, cassette tapes were used in the early days, and optical discs were later used. Now mechanical hard disk storage video is still the mainstream, although SSDs and TF/SD cards are also used.
1TB=1024G,1GB=1024MB, this is theoretical value.For simplicity, hard drive manufacturer(like Seagate,Western Digital) define 1TB=1000GB on their HDD products and we call this manufacturer’s value. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus will not be available for data storage. So a HDD printed 1TB has only 931GB storage space […]
how to calculate security video camera record file size and HDD storage.The key factor is bitrate.
Bellow are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Security Top 50December 4, 2021 - 8:56 am
- iCam365October 26, 2021 - 9:04 am
- The internal structure of the security cameraSeptember 28, 2021 - 2:21 am
- The development of infrared (fill light) technology for security camerasSeptember 13, 2021 - 8:20 am
- Related Wi-Fi knowledge in securitySeptember 9, 2021 - 7:07 am
- Security camera classificationSeptember 7, 2021 - 2:54 am
Want to know more about us?
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org