The quality of the image effect of the security camera is determined by the DSP processor and the image sensor sensor. How to make good use of the existing hardware resources to tune a camera with good image quality, and each manufacturer’s own video, image algorithm, and technology accumulation Closely related.
When operating the camera, you must accurately understand the conceptual parameters related to video image collection in the camera, and adjust the camera to the best and optimal state to obtain the best image and video effects.
Refer to the relevant setting parameters of the cameras of industry leaders such as Hikvision, Dahua, Uniview and Axis, and summarized as follows.
- Exposure mode (AE). Automatic exposure: The device automatically adjusts the exposure parameters according to the environment. Shutter priority: The device adjusts the image quality by adjusting the shutter priority. Aperture priority: The device adjusts the image quality by adjusting the aperture first. Indoor 50Hz: Eliminate the fringe effect of the image by limiting the shutter frequency. Indoor 60Hz: Eliminate the fringe effect of the image by limiting the shutter frequency. Manual exposure: Manually adjust the shutter time, gain, and iris to adjust the image quality. Low smear: Control the shortest time of the shutter to eliminate smear effect when capturing moving faces.
- Shutter time. The shutter is a device that blocks light from entering in front of the equipment lens. The shutter time is short, suitable for shooting scenes in motion; the shutter time is long, suitable for shooting changes slower scenes. To ensure image quality, the reciprocal of the shutter time cannot be less than the frame rate value.
- Brightness gain. Control the image signal so that it can output standard video signals in different lighting environments.
- Day and night mode. Generally, it is day, night, automatic and other modes.
- Aperture mode. The control mode of the lens aperture is used in conjunction with the corresponding lens. Manual iris, automatic iris (divided into DC iris lens, video iris lens, P-Iris lens, i-cs lens, etc.).
- White balance (AWB). White balance is to adjust the color circuit inside the camera to offset the color cast of the shot image under different color temperature conditions, and get closer to humans visual habits of the eye.
- Anti-shake. When the device shakes, the camera turns on the digital anti-shake function, which can compensate for the shaking picture to eliminate the effect of picture shaking.
- BLC. Backlight compensation mode, the user can select the compensation area according to the position of the actual video scene that is too bright or too dark to avoid this area being too bright or too dark.
- Wide dynamic. After it is turned on, it is convenient to see the bright and dark areas on the image at the same time.
- HLC. Strong light suppression can suppress strong light, including road strong light suppression and park strong light suppression, to obtain clear images, suitable for scenes on the road where car lights are inhibited from grabbing license plates.
- Automatic gain. Cameras with AGC function will have higher sensitivity at low illumination, but the noise will be more obvious at this time. This is because the signal and noise are amplified at the same time. The gain is to increase the brightness of the shooting screen. Generally, the gain is selected when the light is weak, but due to noise, it is generally not recommended to use the gain when the gain can not be used.
- Noise reduction. 2D noise reduction, the image noise reduction processing will cause the picture details to be blurred. 3D noise reduction, processing the image noise reduction, will cause the moving objects in the picture to have a smear.
- Image flip. Normal, vertical, horizontal, horizontal+vertical, rotate 90° to the right, rotate 90° to the left, corridor mode, etc.
- Video format. You can choose 50Hz or 60Hz. When 50Hz is selected, the maximum frame rate is 25fps, and when 60 Hz is selected, the maximum frame rate is 30fps.
- brightness. The brightness of the image.
- saturation. The vividness of the colors in the image.
- Contrast. The ratio of black to white in the image, that is, the gradation from black to white.
- Sharpness. The sharpness of the edges of the image.
- Lens distortion. For a camera with a motorized lens, the image is bent due to the curvature of the lens lens is too large, you can turn on this function to adjust to make the image display flat.
- Starlight Mode. In low-light scenes, increase the brightness of the screen.
- Through fog. After turning on this function, the foggy weather can be improved to a certain extent the degree of identifiability of objects in the air video screen.